Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home made Galileo 7



Construction

The Galileo 7 is one of the simplest and most cool looking shuttles in trek history. so it made sense to make one at home when I decided to make a scifi inspired basket-crib for my egg baby senior year project.
here's the mess I made during the day of "creation". the ship was made from white foam board. and is glued together with sobo glue, and even some well placed tape. the details were made with sharpies.

my main reference during construction, the Galileo 7 from the johnny lightning miniatures series.

the handle was added, making it into a crib

home made Galileo 7

Galileo 7!!

me [Robert "djtitoflow" Lay] holding the galileo

Captain Lay

James "Kirk" Lay

My egg baby, James Kirk Lay

I met his mother at the star trek experience in Vegas. agagagagggaag

Son!!!!!

James Kirk Lay

at school with the shuttle and its valuable "cargo"

can you find kirk?

Photoshops

coming home

escape the wormhole!!

Galileo in Random Stopmotion 3

the set for the star trek minimates segment in random 3

fits perfectly with the minimates

kick his ass kirk

mugato

playmates vs home made

the playmates Galileo 7 from 1996, and my Galileo from April -May 2008

Galileos

hell yeah!!

Star Trek poem for 12th grade

construction of the poster for english week at my high school

Galileo from the poster


The endless mission of stars and hope

I've always been looking to the sky
Imagining the ship ill one day fly
I see it as it leaves space dock
Like the leading bird in a flock
That passes by Mars
On its way to the stars

At maximum warp
We swoosh through the stars
Stars that have showered me with hope
Stars that have opened my eyes
To mankind's endless slope
Of stars and warp

That time has ended
The decommissioning has begun
And I look at my crew
Because I've never seen people so true
As true as my endless mission
To boldly go where no one has gone before

-Robert Lay

No comments: